Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Home # 1

Just realized that thanks to Tina, I can post a couple more pics from my camera vs just my phone.  So, here's a lil more from yesterday.  Slept pretty well last night, except for waking up in the middle of the night cause the landlord's phone went off and I thought it was mine. hah, silly kim, you have no service here.  Anyhow, here's a low-down on the apt I'm staying in.  I'm sharing a room with my friend Tina who is studying fashion at Central St. Martins for the summer.  We had met in an Intro to Fibers class taught by Carrie Burckle-Sullivan at CSU Long Beach.  Super talented girl, who I'm pretty stoked to have as a friend to make me chuckle... or better yet scold me when I am unladylike.  Here's Tina, refusing to be taken a picture of:


The apt is on the second floor, and small, but cozy.  2 Bedrooms, 1 bathroom, with the landlord just down the hall.  Really nice man who has hosted a lot of people, and gave me a good deal since I'm not staying that long (£7/night x 8 nights = roughly $83 USD).  The doors lock automatically, so better not forget the keys when it slams.  

bed pretty much takes up 3/4 of the room, with a small closet and night table to my left

view of the kitchen from the front door, and to my right is the bathroom

Anyhow, just thought that might be a nice little update- I meant to include it all last night, but oh well you get the picture! Now, I wonder where the hell Mikey is... it's 1130am, and we're going to try and figure out my tele situation. 

view of London just before landing

Chris, Mem, Nick, Tom



Mikey, Chris, Lucy

standing under some goat statue



Total amount spent so far: £96 = $143 USD

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment