Friday, May 1, 2015

Melting Miles


After re-organizing the van, we finally made our way out by 8:44PM.  I tried giving the movie theatre chair a try, but alas, sitting backwards my car sicknezz preceded me and I took off my boots and crawled over the storage bins, leather tools and beer boxes to the pile of blankets nestled between the backpacks and paintings.  With no working radio, we all tossed the job of singing onto the other... Lucas claiming he couldn't (liar), and myself - handed out Sir MixaLot, where Kell immediately told me to stop - all according to my plan to not have to sing :) the first miracle being, not voted out of the van right then and there. 


Anyway, woke up at 12:19AM to a grip of honking, off-distance yelling, and a car hood slamming. In a daze, and nearly hitting Lucas throwing my boot I ask what's happening... turns out the Dodge keeps overheating while being stopped in bumper-to-bumper traffic... leading to its' temporary death into the far right lane with no end in sight of the road construction or car accident/damage control.  Then once reaching what seemed could be the end around 2AM they shut down the road and poor sleep-deprived Kellen was told to turn around and go back the 215/15 merge 4 miles onto the 395. [Insert intense aggravation]



Took us 12 hours to get to Crowley Lake, including Kellen's 2 hour zzz time at a truck stop.  I'm surprised there wasn't a permanent imprint of my body in the cocoon I made for myself in the back once Lucas pulled me out and helped me come to my senses... but no joke, best 12 hours of sleep I've had in months. 

Arrived around 830AM, spent all morning cleaning Kellen's stuff to store, and organized the SHIT out of that van, then dolled it up with all those homie vibes.









Car meltdown #4


Money from the Gas Pool spent: $160ish
Miles driven: 356ish+
Margaritas had: 2/each
Jerkey consumed: 1 bag (already)

Off to the hot springs now, and Eureka in the morning.

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment