Monday, June 3, 2013

before the beginning



I've only dreamt of going to Europe since I was 6. Yep, just like every other little girl at one point I ran around with a crown of flowers on my head, warpaint on my face, bubble wand in-hand probably (or spatula, who knows) pretending I was a real life princess-fashion-designer-dolphin-trainer-artist-extraordinaire.  Or better yet, I was a TV host traveling the world pointing out every pointless thing around me (see photo) and going off on how amazing it is (but really, everything's pretty amazing when you think about it right? I mean, sand is really a shit-ton of tiny little rocks)... I guess you can say I dreamt fairly big, and went through a lot of occupation-ideas.

Since then, I have just recently graduated from CSU Long Beach with a BA in Studio Art, and... haven't really accomplished any of those 6 year old dreams.  Instead, I have spent most of my savings in my earlier years of college on trips up and down California, to Hawaii, and Canada, Australia, and Peru.

It's not that I didn't care for Europe anymore, but that it held such a deeper hold on a part of my heart that wanted to save it for something 'big'.  And, well finally graduating from college was The Big Deal for me- the time has come, clean slate and what-have-you.  Most of all, while all my other trips never went past more than 30 days, I most definitely wanted my first time to Europe to last much longer than that.  

I won't be lugging around my laptop with me, but due to somewhat-popular demand, I have created this blog and will be doing my best to keep whoever is interested updated on my ups and downs. But, not to worry, I won't be dishing out every detail- I'll save some of the best surprises for when YOU find yourself out there one day.

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment