Tuesday, June 4, 2013

one month countdown


As of today, I leave in 31 days! Don't get me started on the maps, the math, the mayhem.  But, I'll give you a glimpse.  It took me a year and a half of planning, opening a secure holiday-account (where I could only deposit money, not withdraw- yeah, I learned I had very little self control back then), 7 maps of drafting, re-routing, removing, re-adding to get to this 80% finalized trail you see now.  It's definitely a challenge working so far ahead of time, accommodating to the maybes, and the not-sure schedules of friends abroad.  Then again, that gives some lee-way for the unknown, and the moments I sure as hell won't be getting back the second it ends... but I don't have all the time or money to waste in the world; hence where some handy books come in by Fodors and Rick Steves.  I believe it pays to have some background knowledge of where you're going, the most cost efficient things, the out-of-my-league things, what's worth your time and what's not.

So, far Rick Steve's guide to Germany (2013) has been a good read so far. I'd recommend it- he has actually traveled to the places he talks about, and paints a very clear more realistic picture when it comes to

  • how much time is worth in a certain place
  • multiple budget situations
  • a full on guided path on what to see and how etc
I hope you find some of this info and everything else somewhat useful if not humoring... I want this "blog" to be more relatable and down to earth under the circumstances that I am just a normal being like you.

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment