Wednesday, June 5, 2013

C.R.E.A.M.


So, a couple people have been asking how I'm affording this trip... like I said earlier I opened a "Holiday checking Account" with my bank back in 2012; almost a year and a half ago. I could only deposit, and withdraw/transfer it over to my checking come Black Friday- the universal day of spending-chaos. Anyhow, that account really helped.  I was working part time at a vintage retail store July-Jan 2013 ($10/hr), and coaching volleyball part time Jan 2012-July($10/hr) at the time; and depositing roughly $200-300 a month into it, keeping about $150 to myself.  I am fortunate enough to not have to pay rent living with the parentals, but do still pay for any other luxuries I may have the need for (such as going out, portfolio website, facial products, art supplies, film, etc).  By December 2012 I had saved about $1100 - not too bad starting from June 2012, but I definitely could have done better. 

Pictured above (under the weird Shamu-looking airplane) is a lil list of what I have spent some bones on already, while some prices were good (seeing that I am going during the On-Season). This is not the full order of where I'm going just yet- It's only what I've been able to solidify so far* I checked multiple sites such as ryanair.com, easyjet, spiritair etc...after much comparison I booked these. Being the paranoid person that I am - I wanted to make sure that I'd have some destinations ready.  That I'd have a plane to catch going somewhere.  Anywhere.

I purchased my London ticket (One Way) in December - $532.70 USD 
- statravel.com / Air New Zealand

Stockholm (One Way) in Feb - $125.84 USD 
- statravel.com / British Airways

Brussels ticket (One Way) in Feb - $124.06 USD 
- flysas.com.en / Scandinavian Airlines

Toulon Train ticket from Paris (One Way) in May - 80 ~ $105 USD
- voyages-sncf.com

Barcelona ticket from Madrid (Roundtrip) in May - $139.76 USD 
- vueling.com / Vueling
* service fees here hiked it up a good $30

All that so far = $1027.36

You're probably wondering, wait, what about your return flight home? Well, that was up for debate for a while- back in December 2012 I didn't know if I would have a job or anything by the time I graduated, but this trip was something I had to do.  Let me say that again.  This trip IS something I have to do and I could only wait so much longer and this summer was the summer to do it.  In January 2013 I landed a suh-weeet internship at Reef and have been there part time since. However, at this point any money I was making went straight to the savings- even though I plan on living off bread and cheese (not complaining), that shit ain't cheap either.  Then in early May, I received graduation letters in the mail from much of my family, and to them I have to thank for helping me purchase a ticket home to LAX from Brussels (why Brussels? it's one of my best friend's birthday :D) Purchased in May through statravel.com it cost me $598.24 USD

In total for TRANSPORTATION so far: $1625.60 USD

yikes

1 comment:

  1. Actually, 1600 is cheap with that many stops.

    I got to send you some more dough for... Bread :-)

    ReplyDelete