Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Night at the Roxy

Had my little bowl of fruit for breakfast, then walked to Tina's school (about 10 minutes away) today to check out what that whole scene is all about, and to get some "relax/write/draw time".  I thought I got lost for a second with all the construction happening around King's Cross, but when a big ol group of 'fashionably'-dressed girls with colored hair/shaved hair/flowers in their hair, and big sunglasses on came into view, I knew I was close...well, who am I to say what fashion is?  But besides the point, the school had a large step-lawn in the front with fountains and lawnchairs for sunbathers.  I sketched and people-watched for a good hour.  

abandoned scooters

Central St. Martins School of Art

sunbathers straight ahead, as well as naked children


Took a walk down to Covent Garden / SoHo.  Nearly got lost, but one thing I really like about London so far is the map posts at most intersections.  


started at the red, ended at the green

It took about an hour and a half.  I really oughta lighten my bag or something, but it was breezy that day so it wasn't as hot as before.  Covent Garden is def touristy, and busy.  Men biking in suits, 'expensive' clothing; although I already recognized most like Zara, French Connection, Aldo. Had no interest to buy anything, but it was still nice to walk around.  Found a 'traditional British pub' called The Moon Under Water, haha, yeah, I got sucked in because of the name, but it was pretty good.  Not too noisy inside, but still lively with its music and staff.  Got a veggie burger with chips and a beer for £7.  I felt it well deserved, and that just saved my bread at home for dinner anyhow.  

Covent Garden





Creeping people at The Moon Under Water


So considerate




My sad hand-drawn map



Made my way back to the apt and crashed for a couple hours (I must be out of shape) til Tom, and Mikey came by and we all got set to go to The Roxy.  Their friend was DJing, and we decided to walk... yes it was pretty much in the same direction if not past where I had just came from- Tottenham.  Haha.  Met a Canadian guy called 'Biggie' looking for his brother while grubbin on Krispy Kreme donuts, who then tried to meet up with us later.  Ah, but it was a really good time.  Mikey got us on the guest list, so it was just £3 vs 5.  Walked down the stairs, into a wide open area with booths on the left side, and a dance floor straight at the end of the room. 





the "wide open" area, and behind me is the dance floor

So much fun, met a bunch of people, 90s jams were dropped, and Tina busted out some serious moves. Hehe.  Drink specials for the night were double mixers for £3.10, so got one of those, but then  I knocked someone else's drink out of her hand, and drunk me felt so bad I said I'd buy her another... though I'm pretty sure she took £5 from me... I still felt bad. Which means I burned another £3.10. Aggggghhh.  What happened to Don't Be Sorry? Oh well.  All in all a good time.

Smile damnit




Rudeness


Pop... pop


Being a tourist

Tina Tackle


Total amount spent: Too drunk to recall... lets say £21 ish for now

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment