Monday, July 15, 2013

Through the Rabbit Hole & Up the Eye

Very long day yesterday beginning with hitting the vintage markets through Brick Lane.  Walked a good hour and a half to get there, and the streets were way more lively than when I had strolled through before when I had landed on a Monday.  Besides stepping on a thumbtack and getting blood all over my shoes, scored some deals, like £10 for some vintage summer pants with a floral design on dark blue, £12 a custom tank by Martha Minis - who does all her own cut & sew on vintage clothing.  Really enjoyed her things, and if you're into the whole cropped mixymatchy things you should check her out!  (etsy.com/shop/MarthasMinis) Went down further where I found an amazing Bart Simpson jacket £16... just you wait til I wear it, and then to remember not to starve myself, swooped up a turkish vege wrap for £4.





Drooltown


Martha Minis



Craig!


Wish I was small enough to fit these ^



Vege balls, lettuce, green beans, roasted pepper, hummus, chili sauce, and cous cous 



Now, if you know me, you know that I spend my bored moments tying things into my hair.  Well, ran into a stall with all sorts of lil trinket bracelets and feather jewelry on the way out- got sucked right in.  These aren't like those cheap neon tripped out feather people were getting glued into their hair last year, but more carefully decorated and made into a headwrap or hairwrap, whichever way you may want to wear it.  Removeable and reattachable on your own (plus washable without damage unless you have one with dyed feathers), I had to get one... or two :)  The designer is Vera Black, and you can reach her at VERABLACK.COM, or facebook.com/VERABLACKMUSICPAGE.  




Tina and I sought to jump onto the Tube to meet Tom at Waterloo Station.  So stoked to finally sit down, til of course of all days, it was malfunctioning and everyone had to get off. The next station closest (Tower Hill) was all closed too!  We walked another hour and a half past Southwark to Waterloo.  Finally caught Tom by 5pm (supposed to meet at 330) and went off to find The 'Banksy' Tunnel on Leake Street.  We weren't too far off, and it was a very cool lil stroll.  The graffiti is legal there, and everyone must clean up their cans and such.  Tom & I sat and drank a bit takin all of it in.  Still should probably wash my flannel though...













Pass the rocket fuel

Biker gang who almost ran me over








I wish we had paint, but Tom was in the negatives, and I had to save my bones regardless (at this point, I have £80 to last me the next 3 days).  But oh well.  After we finished loungin around the tunnel, we roamed over the bridges and back, hunting for ice cream, watching con artists hustle the streets with gambling and games.  There was also a lil free festival thing, Udderbelly, happening too just down the way with a beer garden, music, and grub.  Hung out there, and then decided to hit the London Eye.  Tom's never been, and well, here I am, a tourist- the perfect excuse to burn £19.20 to get all high up in the sky over London.  It was actually... pretty fast, only waited in line for about 15 minutes, but it took 20 minutes to go all the way around. That's like £1 a minute! The view was pretty wicked though, but I def thought it was ferris wheel status, and was a lil bummed to be stuck in a giant bubble.

If happiness had an ice cream this is what it would look like


I am the ultimate People Creeper

London Eye



Cyclops



Oh yeah, Big Ben

Damnit Tom

Hi again



Finally, it was about mmm 9pm? Not too sure what we wanted to have for dinner, we just walked around til something called out our name, and that ended up being Indian Food at this place called Bangalore.  The prices were standard, Tom got lamb & spinach curry (not including rice) for about £10, and I got red bean curry (with rice)for £7.50.  For a starter, golden fried prawn with chili jam sounded amazing and that was £6.50.

It was delicious- warm & spicy. My plate was a "small plate", while Tom's was more main course size but it was all still filling.  The atmosphere was mellow too, but def busy being right next to the Underground Station.  Served at a standard pace, there were tables for 2-10 people, and even seats above ours once you climb up a ladder- but you have to reserve for those... We snagged one of the booths under the top ones, where Tom played knock knock on the ceiling from time to time through dinner.


scuse me while I snap a picture of our food

because it's beautiful

Total spent today: £70 ayeeee

KL




No comments:

Post a Comment