Sunday, July 7, 2013

Don't Be Sorry

It's 11:50PM, and I feel like I'm going to either pass out, throw up, inflate like a balloon and fly away, or all 3.  I'm thinking a million miles a minute, but I'm just sitting in the middle of my room a confused hypochondriac, and mostly delusional.  Got travel insurance through AAA today, that was 250 bones.  But the coverage is a good deal.  Out of the Trip Assist Family Care from Allianz, it includes: 

Trip cancellation (up to 100%)
Trip interruption (up to 150%)
Missed connection ($800)
Travel delay (up to $200/person to cover additional accomodation/travel expenses)
Medical Emergency ($25000)
Emergency transportation ($500000)
Baggage loss/damage ($1000)
Baggage delay ($300 to cover reasonable amount purchase of essential items)

Other than dealing with that, I've been enjoying the last week with good friends, and family. I really couldn't ask for a better group of people to meet me halfway with how busy and distracted I've been.  My girls made a rad Euro-box with a journal signed by everyone, and other little things that just might make your heart melt (mine def did hah).  Followed by a quote written inside by one of my favorite writers Jack Kerouac

Live, travel, adventure, bless, & don't be sorry.

Geeeez, way to hit the nail on that one Leish, Lyss, and Karimate.  But, I do, admit I say sorry too much.  why?  I couldn't really say.  natural reflex? automatic response?  As I look back on the past 6 months, I see that I (and as I'm sure, many others), have done so much for some people, and not enough for others, even ourselves; whether or not it was deserved, it doesn't matter.  To feel sorry so much sounds and feels ridiculous, but finding that line between too much and not enough is what frustrates me with a lot of things in life. I think I've finally accepted that I may never find it.  Anyhow, seeing how relieved my mum was after we finally bought travel insurance (yes, I was the stubborn one, not wanting to give up the bones and depend solely on Advil) I definitely felt a little bad.  In the end, we gotta look out for ourselves in all seriousness.  Some say fighting is healthy, and shows that we care, but at the same time we can only fight so much until we finally get going to where we want to be.  Everything between that is simply time.  And, that's where we let go of any anchors left on our feet right? Jesus, it's 12:30AM now, how could I have gone on this long? I must be feeling sentimental.










Thanks to the friends & family who met me halfway.  Love you dearly, and I'll see you soon.

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment