Friday, July 5, 2013

The Pause Within The Storm

It's Friday, and I'm at a bit of a loss.  Maybe it's because too much has happened this week... or not enough.  Who knows, but I suppose I can use this time of sitting around trying not to let my mind run wild to list out what I have left to do.  So far, I've packed all the clothes I plan to have get me through the next 3 months.  The hardest part isn't how MUCH I want to pack, but what will be most accommodating to the weather whichever way I go. It's in the high 70s in London at the moment (but still chilly says Tina), low 70s in Sweden and Brussels, back to the high 70s in France, and in the 90s in Spain. Weather's tricky, so def be checking that.



So, there's my sleep threads in the upper right corner, followed by the main deal of my closet- shorts, then (regretfully) pants for chiller nights (and possible days), couple skirts (for the rare time I may find myself wanting to look less gross than usual), light sweater (to layer), my most worn tanks and of course my jean vests and flannel.  Shoewise, my ever trusty cheapo boots, my converse, and crap-pair of sandals slipped into the pack somewhere.  Bathwise will probably vary for everyone, so I'm not going to really list that out.. Although, yes I am carrying a super light sleeping bag and towel for wherever I sleep/shower (I've learned it's just easier to have those things so you don't have to borrow them).  but hopefully all this (plus my camera, which worries me the most) will fit under 50lbs into this bag.  My flight over is with Air New Zealand- I had to call to get my booking reference, since I purchased my ticket with them through a different company (statravel).  Wasn't a problem to get, but sadly she did tell me that I can only carry-on 15lb, and that I do luckily have 1 free checkin bag of 50lb.  With the other airlines it was different, but I'm alright with this since it's a direct flight, and (hopefully, cross your fingers) I won't lose my luggage. My whole life is in here man... Yah, that's exactly what I'm going to say.



What's left to do? Mmm...
  1. Scan my passport/Copy it
  2. Figure out turning off my Data etc on my phone, and enabling wifi only
  3. Exchange my USD to Euros/GBP while the exchange rate is cheaper than it is in the airports etc

KL



No comments:

Post a Comment